2010 Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
The PLC Professor's
The Complete PLCLearn Series is the most effective, least expensive and the
most complete training package available in the Programmable Logic Controller
To support that claim;
• the programming software must be inexpensive or free,
• the lab projects must provide real hands on experience,
• the hardware trainer must be inexpensive and plentiful in supply,
• the lab exercises must address the entire instruction set available for that processor,
• all lab exercises need to be step by step and fully illustrated,
• the lab exercises must address the less apparent nature of the instructions,
• as well as the obvious.
Nothing builds confidence like seeing it work with a real PLC. This manual is designed for the individual
with little or no experience with a PLC. But it is also an excellent introduction to RSLogix500 for the
experienced engineer that is either unfamiliar with the SLC500-Micrologix products or needs a quick
reference guide for some of the lesser used instructions.
The Complete PLCLearn Series includes three Lab Project manuals; Basics, Advanced I and Advanced II:
Narrated lab project commentaries and lectures available on YouTube. The lab projects were written for
use with a version of RSLogix500 that Rockewell Automation allows you to use at no cost. This version
has recently been upgraded to allow use of the Micrologix 1100 as well as the 10pt. Micrologix. This
learning experience is the most effective if the lecture series is viewed prior to using the lab manuals.
Our mission is to provide everyone the opportunity to learn Programmable Logic Controllers!